Monday, July 16, 2012

Guess who has a new toy?

A few days ago, I did a gouache painting of a Pirate Monkey... which since my scanner died a while ago, I had to go to a local copy place to shrink down and scan. This is the picture I got:
Well, after browsing some scanners online, I decided to give the Vupoint Wand Scanner a shot... I scanned at 900 dpi (which isn't the best, but that's the best it can do).. and got this:
Much Better!

Not bad, considering the scanner. The original was a large size, so I did three scans of it, and I used the photo-stitch option in Photoshop to bring the images back together. The scanner is convenient (which is the trade off for the lack of dpi scanning), and would be great to use it outside to scan things (like texture) that I cannot bring in the house. Seriously thinking about getting one of these for my AP Studio Art class this year.

There are lots of reviews online for this product... So far it seems to do the job. Here is a video from YouTube, which is more in line with what I was thinking of doing:



FYI: The link I listed above to the company actually has the scanner at a better price than I got at Best Buy... and they include a 8 gb micro SD card.

No comments:

Post a Comment